Data Privacy Statement THE PROTEIN CLUSTER
- THE PROTEIN CLUSTER does everything within its powers to guarantee privacy and handles personal data with great care. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER is fully committed to meeting all currently applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This implies, among other things, that as a minimum we comply with the following:
- Processing of personal data is limited only to those data that are the minimum required for the purposes for which they are processed.
- Request explicit permission from the data subjects for the processing of their personal data, except in cases that are in accordance with such goals or result directly from the law.
- Have taken appropriate technical and/or organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data.
- Will not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which said data were provided, or results from the law.
- To remain fully aware of the rights of data subjects regarding their personal data and to respect these.
- What personal data?
THE PROTEIN CLUSTER processes the following personal data as supplied: name, initials, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Why do we process personal data?
Personal data are processed by THE PROTEIN CLUSTER to support the organisation’s effective operational management. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER is a networking and connecting organisation which stimulates innovation and the economy by connecting companies with the right knowledge and the right partners and establishing them in the THE PROTEIN CLUSTER ecosystem. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER builds and maintains consortia around innovative agrifood and food-related themes in which companies collaborate with each other and with knowledge institutions.
- Passing of data to third parties.
Data made available to THE PROTEIN CLUSTER for processing can be provided to a third party if this is necessary for the implementation of the above-described objectives, or is required by law. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER will not pass on personal data to parties with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement. Appropriate agreements are made with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of personal data. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER does not provide personal data to parties located outside the EU.|
THE PROTEIN CLUSTER will never process the personal data of minors (persons under the age of 16) unless written permission has been given by the parent, caretaker or legal representative.
- Medical data
If medical data are provided to THE PROTEIN CLUSTER, these medical data will not be stored unless the person concerned has requested and given permission. In all cases, medical data are removed after 12 months.
- Data storage period
THE PROTEIN CLUSTER does not store personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided, or is required by law. THE PROTEIN CLUSTER retains personal data, concerning permanent relationships, for as long as a relationship exists. If and when such a relationship ends, the data is retained for a maximum of 7 years and then deleted.
THE PROTEIN CLUSTER has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unlawful processing, including the following measures;
- Only THE PROTEIN CLUSTER staff, who have signed a confidentiality agreement, have access to these data.
- Data is stored securely using software from reputable companies.
- Locations where computers, servers and filing cabinets are situated are sufficiently protected against physical and/or digital theft.
In the event of a data breach, THE PROTEIN CLUSTER will inform the Dutch Data Protection Authority and the person(s) concerned.
- Rights concerning your data.
Everyone has the right to inspect, rectify or delete their personal data, insofar as this is not contrary to any statutory provision. Everyone has a legal right to object.
If you have any complaints about the processing of personal data, we ask that you contact us immediately. You have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens); the Dutch government body responsible for digital privacy.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy statement, please contact us at info (a) theproteincluster.com.