Protein Plan(et) Summit – 17 October 2019
SOLVING THE PROTEIN PUZZLE
A global “return” to balance in protein consumption; less animal and more vegetable. During the 3rd international edition of the Foodvalley Summit: The Protein Plan(et) solutions and business ideas will be shared to strengthen the connections between meat, fish, dairy (alternatives) and vegetable industries and to find new business partners. This Protein Plan(et) Summit is an initiative of Foodvalley NL in collaboration with Wageningen University, Keygene and The Protein Cluster (TPC).
THE BIGGER PICTURE
The program is built around three themes: The Bigger Picture, The Consumer Perspective and Growing, Breeding, Soil. The Bigger Picture gives the visitor a holistic view of protein transition, with attention to the current state of the transition and national and international challenges. An Expert Panel will discuss the National Protein Plan (in development) and how the Netherlands will contribute to European protein goals from its knowledge-intensive ecosystem.
THE CONSUMER PERSPECTIVE
How can consumers be tempted to consume more vegetable protein? What are the requirements for new products such as substitutes for cheese and fish? What role does the food environment play? The Consumer Perspective theme includes best practices in behavioral change, taking into account consumers’ food-related routines.
GROWING BREEDING SOIL
Which protein-rich crops are suitable for our climate? What innovative crops are in the pipeline? And how might future earnings models look? The protein transition is not only about increasing vegetable protein use, but also about local production. In the Growing, Breeding, Soil theme, out attention is on plants and animals, soil and biodiversity.
During the Foodvalley Summit: The Protein Plan(et), numerous national and international experts are presenting their latest developments. The following speakers are confirmed:
- Chris Kerr | New Crop Capital, USA
- Annemarij Swijtink and Jeroen Dekkers | Mc Donalds International, Netherlands
- Ingrid van der Meer, Hannah van Zanten and Stacy Pyett| Proteins for Life Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- Anker Sorensen | KeyGene, Netherlands
- Ruud Zanders | Kipster, Netherlands
- Brad Vanstone | Plant Based Cheese, Netherlands
- Nicolas Hartmann | VLY Foods, Germany
- Mathijs Huis in ’t Veld | Jack Bean, Netherlands
- Mattèo Piano | Innogusto /Gastronomeat, Netherlands
- Emely de Vet | Consumption & Healthy Lifestyles Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- Sander Peltenburg | Burgs Foods, Netherlands
- Mathijs Huis in ‘t Veld | Jack Bean, Netherlands
- Bo Schipper and Gopee Logeswarananthan | Grain Gain, Netherlands
- Fabiola Neitzel and Anjani Nayak | SWAP (silk worm as protein), Germany & Indonesia
- Laurent Genet | Nutreco, Netherlands
- Harry Aiking | VU Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ruud Thijssens | Agrifirm, Netherlands
- Sara Eckhouse | Foodshot Global, United States
- Michiel de Krom | Planbureau voor de Leefomgeving, Netherlands
With contributions of Louise Fresco, President of the Wageningen University & Research Executive Board and McDonald’s.
More information and updates about the program will follow.
Moderator: Jeroen Willemsen | The Protein Cluster, Foodvalley NL, Netherlands
Foodvalley Summit ticket 95 euro, excl VAT. Members of Foodvalley-The protein cluster will receive a promotional code.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call to Foodvalley’s Office +31 0317 42 70 95.
Foodvalley Summit: The Protein Plan(et) is an initiative of Foodvalley NL in collaboration with Wageningen University & Research, KeyGene, and The Protein Cluster and is made possible in part by the Province of Gelderland.