Rethink Protein transition challenge – The Winners
ReThink Protein is an international competition for technical students. Participants were challenged to develop a business idea or prototype that is healthy, affordable and sustainable in the field of protein (transition). 27th of June the finals took place. Winning teams Grain gain (prototype) and Swap (ideation) won €5000 and support from Starthub and The Protein Cluster.
The Protein Cluster as impact partner and jury
TPC organized a masterclass during the kickoff for students. Besides, TPC was jury and coach for companies developing new prototypes the field of new ingredients or technologies applicable for business. June 27th, TPC chose the winning team as jury together with Cosun and Nutreco.
Several matches have been made between current TPC member companies and student startup companies in the field of protein transition (e.g. soy milk, green meals). Interested in connecting with the finalists and help them with expanding their business and network?
Grain gain is now member of The protein cluster. Business plans can be read for:
- Grain Gain (prototype): spent grain by-product valorisation of beer
- SWAP (silkwork as protein): Indian silk worm applications for petfood allergen-free supplement and food.
- Martine Boetje | Project Manager The Protein Cluster
- WUR Resource report (Dutch)
- BNR Zakendoen Radio live broadcast
- Video report Finals Rethink Protein challenge;
0:43:00 + 4:18:52: Pitch Grain gain, winner category prototyping
3:10:50 Good Food Institute presentation Future Proteins
3:32:13 Panel discussion with Jeroen Willemsen, WUR en LNV.
5:08:00 Award ceremony, TPC in jury, winning teams SWAP and Grain Gain.